Sunday, September 20, 2009

Are you ready for a little Old School Scrapbooking?

I hope so, 'cuz here it is!!
I started scrapbooking when I was 13 or 14. I was introduced to it by my friend and her mom....who are now my Sister-in-law and Mother-in-law. Funny how that all worked out. :)
Anyway, needless to say I have been doing this for a while and it is crazy to see how, not only my style, but also scrapbooking in general has evolved in the last 10+ years!
The coolest thing about it, though, is that while styles have changed drastically, I still enjoy looking through these books and relieving all the memories from years ago. My kids got quite the kick out of it too!
The only quiestion I have is why, WHY, did I cut nearly all of the pictures into stars, hearts, and circles?!? That was totally the "cool" thing to do back then - all the stores sold the shape templates and the photo pencils for tracing shapes onto your photos - but looking at them now it drives me a little crazy!
Oh well, on to the pictures.
Try not to laugh too hard, okay? :)





Hahahaha...that is quality stuff there!
Maybe it is a good thing my style has changed A LOT since the beginning! :)
Also, I've been on a bit of a card kick lately, so here are a couple I've made:



The first one is made with an old CTMH kit that I still love - an oldie but a goody in my book!
This next one uses some Making Memories paper and CTMH stamp set "Baby Miracles." I can't resist those cute, chubby, little babies!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gotta love old school scrapbooking! At least we started :)... and improved!

Angela said...

I'm glad you showed off your beginning roots in scrapbooking. I've only been doing it for 7 yeas, and I've changed a lot since then--I've learned a lot. Thanks again!