Monday, February 15, 2010

Love the Simple Things

LOOK!!
I got some scrapping done! :)
This is my layout for the My Mind's Eye Challenge #8, using a sketch by Anam Stubbington that was posted on the MME blog. The challenge was to use the sketch and red or pink. I thought this sketch was so fun! I added two small pictures to the layout - I have a hard time scrapping just one picture unless it is a BIG picture.

Supplies: All of the papers, except the white Cardstock, are from My Mind's Eye. The cream paper that I used for the base is from the Penny Lane collection, the green floral is from an old MME Stack that I have, and the pink stripe is from the Oh La La collection. The rest is from one of their new Valentine's lines called Be Loved. I LOVE that collection - so many fun patterns!
The only things not from MME on this layout are the chipboard letters (Basic Grey) and the mini alphabets (Making Memories).
I got the idea for the title of this layout from one of my favorite songs by Jim Brickman called Simple Things. Have you heard that song? It is such a sweet song with a great message. The quote is a line from that song.
I hope you are having a fabulous Monday!
JAG

7 comments:

beckyjune said...

Now that song is in my head :) Yes, I'm a big Jim Brickman fan. This page is incredible, Janelle! I think it's my favorite of yours. Good luck!!!

Samantha Taylor said...

Beautiful page, I especially love the pictures!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Great job on the challenge!! Loving the pretty colours on this l/o!!

~Gabrielle xx

Janine Rachau said...

The papers you chose look fabulous together,...great take!

Robbie said...

Ahh... this is so sweet! Love all the hearts and that you used the multiple photos! Great work!

Liz said...

Super sweet photos and your hearts make a wonderful die cut cluster. Awesome job on the MME challenge and good luck. :)

Amber said...

What a sweet, touching layout! Thank you for playing along with us.

I'm off to check out You Tube to listen to that song.