Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Mind's Eye Sketch Contest

I know y'all are probably in shock at seeing me post again so soon, but try to come to long enough to check out this layout, OK? :)
This is for a sketch contest on the My Mind's Eye blog. I have been loving their blog since I found it, and it is definitely one that I frequent!
Anyway, they had this sketch posted that I thought was really fun, so I tried it out.
You had to use 80% My Minds Eye products, so all of the paper I used, except the white cardstock, is from MME. I had fun with this because I combined papers from four of their different lines, and yet they all look so good together!
These are my kiddos on Halloween this last year. Joshua wanted to be a knight and Grace wanted to be a princess - how perfect is that!?
Oh, and sorry the picture isn't fabulous - it's pretty foggy around here today and I had a hard time getting good light!

Supplies: Patterned Papers: Colorful Christmas (stripe, pink, and orange polka dot), Oh La La (Yellow polka dot and ledger), Boo to you (black), The merry Days of Christmas (blue) All from My Mind's Eye; Cardstock: Walmart; Buttons: blue and yellow from Creative Cafe, Pink from SEI; letters from American Crafts; Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge.

:) :) Thanks for checking out my blog again so soon! :) :)


3 comments:

beckyjune said...

This turned out so cute, Janelle!!! The kids look adorable, too. We can't wait to come and visit.

Amber said...

Thank you, Janelle!

chickadee3357 said...

Cute layout. Love the mix of patterned papers and the colorful buttons.